Influenced by American soul legends like Otis Redding, Al Green, Sam And Dave, and Curtis Mayfield, Wilson Hawk reinterprets American Classic Soul and R&B in an era where this genre of music seems to have been forgotten.
When asked where the inspiration for this recording came from singer and primary song writer Richie Kotzen says " This is a record I have always wanted to make. Growing up just outside Philadelphia I was exposed to a lot of 'real' soul music. Bands like The Spinners, The O'Jays and even early Hall and Oats influenced my writing during my developmental years as an artist.
One night over dinner my long term producer friend Richie Zito (Elton John, Joe Cocker, Cheap Trick) reminded me that I never really made a record that came from these roots. From that meeting, the two of us started getting together religiously every week writing music for what would become Wilson Hawk."
The beauty of this Richie & Richie collaboration is that from the first track it immediately becomes clear that the only motivation behind this recording was one hundred percent soul stirring inspiration. Songs like I Promise I Will, Beautiful Life, Everything Good, and the Road appear destined to become Soul Classics. Fans of inspired music performed by inspired musicians will find "Wilson Hawk' at the top of their playlists for a very long time
- 1. [single purchase] How Does It Feel
- 2. [single purchase] I Need Your Love
- 3. [single purchase] Over
- 4. [single purchase] Something in You
- 5. [single purchase] How Do You Know
- 6. [single purchase] I Promise I Will
- 7. [single purchase] Everything Good
- 8. [single purchase] Beautiful Life
- 9. [single purchase] What I Lost
- 10. [single purchase] Stay
- single purchase]11.The Road